- His choice of us before he created the world, v.4
Destiny – to be holy and blameless, v.4
Adoption – chosen to be God’s sons, v.5
Redemption – freedom, v.7
Riches of grace, v.7
Holy Spirit – sealed as a guarantee, v.13-14.
- To The Father of Glory and
- Our Lord Jesus Christ
- For the Spirit of wisdom and revelation.
The whole of the Godhead is involved in opening eyes, to grasp wisdom and revelation so their hearts and ours may be enlightened to know:
- The hope of our calling – the calling is the enjoyment of knowing Father God and those lavish blessings listed earlier
- The riches of our glorious inheritance – eternal life and reward in the new heaven on earth in the age to come
- The immeasurable greatness of God’s power – resurrection power, more powerful than a defibrillator that brings temporary life back to a stopped heart. Power that rose a very dead Jesus back to life in a new resurrection body. Power that ascended him to heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father with authority over everything.
What glory, what blessing!
Posted by: Andy Moyle
On: 22nd Sep, 2018 at 5:59 am