There is a lot of nonsense out there about the end times. Some have tried to prophecy the date of Christ’s return and then adjust it continually. Others have all kinds of fanciful ideas. We don’t know when Christ coming back, only the Father knows.
But the end does seem to be more nigh!
- Climate change – the world is changing. Fires rage more fiercely, floods come more often, storms blow more strongly.
- Wars and rumours of wars – there are more nuclear powers and threats.
- Society is increasingly fractured with all sorts of division politically and socially
There are three unfulfilled prophecies though
1) All Israel shall be saved Rom 11:26. I think “all” is a general term rather than every single individual. We are yet to see a widespread turning to Christ of the Jewish nation of Israel.
2) The appearance of the antichrist – Thessalonians, 1 John and Revelation all point to an identifiable figure who is the anti-Christ. It may be a spirit of the antichrist around, but I don’t think so.
3) The third appears in today’s passage Matt 24:14 – the gospel preached to all nations (or people groups). There are around 17,400 people groups in the world, 7400 of whom have not heard the Gospel yet. 42% of the world’s population live in those 7,400 people groups. So we still have a job on to fulfill the Great Commission. (Source Joshua Project)
Take a step launched yesterday – a Relational Mission project to help us take baby steps towards being able to share our faith. We will be showing the videos on Sundays, but you can watch them here too.
Maranatha – Come Lord Jesus!
Posted by: Andy Moyle
On: 30th Jul, 2020 at 5:59 am